Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Projekt: Von A bis Z (A)

So, I got this crazy idea for improving my German skills and having some fun on the blog ... It is based on a blogging concept where you write with almost no editing (daily is the goal) on a topic through the alphabet - from A to Z.  I want to just kind of quickly brainstorm my way through a letter of the alphabet IN GERMAN.  And thus I came up with Projekt von A bis Z.

I will take about 5 to 10 minutes to create a blog post based on the letter of the day.  And then PUBLISH and that's it!  It may turn out to be a bomb - or it may take off.  I'm not sure?!  But join in if you come up with your own words, concepts, foods, cities or WAS AUCH IMMER (whatever!) if you think of something to add.

I am envisioning it going something like this:  Today's letter is "A" ....





Foods:  Aprikose (apricot), Apfel (apple), Ananas (pineapple)

Animals:  der Affe (monkey), der Adler (eagle), die Ameise (ant)

Common Names:  Anja, Anke, Anneliese, Anna, Adam, Alois, Angelika, Andrea, Andreas, Alexander

Cities - Aachen, Ansbach, Augsburg, Aschaffenburg



Words you might recognize:  Autobahn, Automobil, Automat, August, April, Achtung! (Caution!  Beware!), Agent, Alarm, Arm, Aroma

verbs:  arbeiten (to work), ankommen (to arrive)

famous brands/companies:  Audi (auto maker), Adidas (sports), Allianz (insurance/banking), Airbus (aerospace)

and a tongue-twister (Zungen/brecher = tongue breaker, literally)

Acht alte Ameisen assen am Abend Ananas.

Eight old ants ate pineapples in the evening.  
[ah-cht ahl-te ah-my-sen ah-sen ahm ah-bend ah-nah-nas]

Auf wiedersehen!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, feedback, and interaction. Danke!