Sunday, June 30, 2019

After the Jet Lag: Germany 2019, pt. 3

After an adventurous trip to Germany from June 14 - 15, we needed some rest!

Read part 1 and part 2 of our travel journal if you want to catch up.

We slept in a little on Sunday morning (June 16) then had breakfast and coffee with my aunt.  Our *cousin arrived to pick us up around 11:00 a.m. - and we began our trip south towards München (Munich).

*this cousin is actually my mother's 1st cousin, my 2nd cousin, and my children's 3rd cousin (I suppose you'd call it?) ... but she is my age, and we are very good friends.

The 4 hour drive went by quickly as we talked and caught up on each other's lives since we'd last seen each other last August at my house.  We had lunch at one of the rest stops along the Autobahn.  German rest stops are almost always very nice - and large with various options for food - and clean rest rooms (which also cost 70 cents to use - but you get a coupon for 50 cents in return to use towards any purchases you make while there).

I ordered Rindswurst and Pommes (french fries) for lunch, which I shared with my son.


We arrived at our hotel (that I had booked a head of time on booking.com) in a suburb south of Munich called Oberhaching.  The hotel was called Abendruhe, which translates to mean evening-rest/stillness.  It definitely lived up to its name.  The kids and I got a room for 3 - which was on the top floor, and my cousin got her own room.  

We got settled in, then walked to a Greek restaurant that my cousin found via an app she has to find local resources while traveling.  It was a good recommendation!  The weather was pleasant, and we also enjoyed our walk to and from the restaurant.  

We sat on the balcony of my cousin's room until 10 p.m. because we were having such a nice time together ... but finally we said "good-night".   It was my son's last night with us before joining his study abroad group the next evening.  He reorganized his suitcase, and we got a good nights' sleep.


Gute Nacht! 

We met up again for a wonderful breakfast the next morning ... and were ready to hit the road again by about 10 a.m.

Andrew, our cousin Stefanie, and Anna


Next stops:  Holzkirchen & a side trip to Tegernsee.



More about our day at the beautiful Tegernsee (Tegern Sea/Lake) in the next post, Part 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, feedback, and interaction. Danke!