Monday, June 26, 2017

Projekt: Von A bis Z (I)

I am moving along in the "Von A bis Z" series ... Today's letter is "I".
In German, the letter I sounds like what we consider to sound like "ee" in English (sounds like ee in feel):


Foods:  der Imbiss (the snack)

Animals:  der Igel (the hedgehog)

Common Names:  Inge, Ingrid, Irme, Irmtraut, Ingetraut, Ignatcius, Irmgard, Ilse, Ines, Iris

Cities:  Ingolstadt, Idar-Oberstein
Felsenkirche - church in the crag - the symbol of Idar-Oberstein

Words you may recognize:  der Indianer (the Indian), die Industrie (industry), intelligent, die Insel (the island)

verbs:  interessieren (to interest)

An "I" tidbit:
Liebe ist niemals ohne Schmerz, sagte der Hase, als er den Igel umarmte.
Love is never without pain, said the Rabbit, as he embraced the Hedgehog.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, feedback, and interaction. Danke!