Tuesday, March 20, 2018

On the 1st Day of Spring: More Ostern


I was last in Germany about 6 years ago with my son Andrew, who was 13 years old at the time.  I love springtime in Germany!  German florists are AMAZING - the above picture is a shop in the train station in Frankfurt.  

Germany is well known for its Christmas markets, but did you know there are also Easter markets?  Once again booths are filled with delicately painted, hollowed-out eggs, crafts, and flowers - along with food and drink. 


The Easter rabbits below are very much like ones my mother had to set around our living room.  We also had little, wooden duckling figurines:

There are so many more things I could say about Easter in Germany, but a google search would show you way more than I can adequately explain.
I will mention, lastly, the one thing I find MOST clever about German Easter - and that is that they celebrate not only Easter Sunday but also Easter Monday, which is a holiday in most German states.  I have always thought that Easter deserved an extra day of celebration!   







No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, feedback, and interaction. Danke!